Once you develop the habit of a regular exercise routine, it can stress you out when you aren’t able to maintain it. You might be thinking, since it’s a vacation, taking a couple of days off is okay, right? Well, no. You don’t want to send your fitness routine on a break. Chances are, when you’re on vacation, you’ll most likely eat many of the wrong things – or you might just eat too much. That can derail any health and fitness progress you’ve made, and it can worsen if you also fail to exercise.
Your hotel may have a gym accessible to you, but if you stay in a hostel, rooming house, or other similar type of residential facility, you may not be as fortunate. Not to worry, though. With a little ingenuity, you can still get your workout in even without a gym.
1. One of the best things you can do is a series of stretching exercises. Stretching can help loosen up those tense muscles, especially after sitting on a long flight. Stretching also helps to keep your muscles and joints engaged;
2. Another thing to do is put on your headphones and dance. Put on some great house music and feel that beat, move your feet, and get the heart rate and your metabolism pumping. Try to get in at least 20 minutes every day. If you can do it twice a day, that’s even better;
3. As you go about the day enjoying the sights of wherever it is you’re vacationing, don’t always be quick to hop in a cab or a bus. This is a great opportunity to do some walking. Walking is a great way to get your exercise. It’s not uncommon for people to accumulate 10 or more miles a day walking from here to there;
4. Before you leave home, toss a resistance band in your suitcase. You can take it virtually anywhere with very little space. If you’re sitting in the airport between flights, hit those bands. In your hotel or hostel room, you can really get a good workout with them. If you don’t have any, run out to Walmart or Target. They’re very inexpensive. I got mine from Bed, Bath, & Beyond on sale for $12.99. It’s a handy-dandy piece of equipment. If you aren’t sure how to use them, there are plenty of tutorials online to assist you. Here is one of them: Resistance Band Tutorial
5. Bodyweight exercises are also wonderful. These are exercises that you can do with you’re your bodyweight to strength train and to build muscle. These include, but are not limited to, crunches, planks, side planks, mountain climber, bicycle crunches, and sit-ups. If you aren’t sure how to do them, do a simple search online to see demonstrations on these exercises to ensure proper technique, and you can also improve your fitness with the use of supplements, move to this site to find the right supplements for this.
6. Lastly, yoga. Some of you are hard core exercise enthusiasts often, and you may ignore the benefit of yoga. Yoga is beneficial in many ways. Some benefits of yoga are strengthening your core, improving balance, increasing blood flow and circulation, regulating blood pressure, and improving digestive abnormalities, and if you combine this with cardio, you can maintain a good physical health, also the use of supplements help a lot with physical performance, and you can go to swolhq to find the best supplements for this.
I hope these tips can help you come up with your own ideas to remain physically active while traveling. We don’t want you coming back home with any extra pounds, unless the extra pounds are in the form of souvenirs inside your luggage.