Tinder is undoubtedly changing the way we look at dating, how we sell ourselves, and how we rate others. A quick swipe left or right and BAM, your fate could be sealed. The perfect place for hookups, dates, and friends for a Drake concert. Hell, anything you need can be found there, even marriage if you seek it. But hey, you know why you’re here: because you’re a traveler, and you want to know how Tinder can benefit you while on an adventure halfway around the world.
I boldly state that Tinder may be the best travel app I’ve ever used.
If you’re reading this, you’re probably a budget traveler, and paying for apps and their add-ons is something you refuse to do. Thankfully, most of these apps are free.
Here’s What You Do:
1. Choose those photos that don’t make you look as creepy as the Burger King Mascot looking through someone’s second floor window. Those photos of you traveling, playing with a dog, drinking whiskey with friends, cliff diving, and on a random paddle board in what looks like Vietnam but is probably Alabama.
2. Your words are important! Choose them wisely! I always assume, and I’m sure I’m right, that a blank profile means the person is looking to put lips to genitals only. This may be you, but I still recommend letting the folks know why you’re on the app. It saves time and needless conversations. Copy + Paste this if you can’t think of something on your own: “Traveler in search of tour guides, drinking mates, dinner guests, and great times. Not here for long.” That’s simple enough.
3. As soon as you pull into the new city, open your app so your phone’s locations services can do its job and let the people know you’ve arrived. If you’re using a Swiping app, swipe right on absolutely everyone!
Copy and paste the following if you need to: Visiting for laughs, eating as much of the city as possible, and laughing with anyone who loves a good beer, whiskey, or Winnie-the-pooh quote. Looking for Tour Guides and Dinner Partners.
4. Speak first if you must! When the matches begin pouring in, get those fingers to the keyboard. Time is essential here, and the city is big. Need an opening line? Try this: “Show me the greatest part of your city tonight and dinner is on me!”
5. Don’t flake, but definitely use your better judgement.
Like a good hostel, these apps are great ways to find dope travelers like yourself and have a great time if the chemistry is right. And if a real date or situationship or relationship or a hookup in a strange park should happen, embrace that! Live it up! Wrap it up! Enjoy it all!
And for those anti Facebook folks who want to use Tinder, you can now set it up without a Facebook Profile! Bloomtimes explains how!
See Also: Bumble, Grindr, Jack’d, Plenty of Fish, OKCupid, Sapio, Scruff, Hinge.